Saturday, February 4, 2012

THE YUMMIEST THING EVER!!!!

Some might think that this title is a little over the top....I assure you....it is NOT! A wonderful friend in my old home ward used to make this for me and my mom and it is sooooooo wonderful! It's actually her birthday today (Happy Birthday)
So in honor of Celeste.....here is her delicious recipe!

Celeste's Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

8 Chicken Breasts (the bigger the better)
4 cups bow tie pasta
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 Tbl. Chopped green onion
2 8oz bottles (or 1 16oz) Kraft Coleslaw Dressing
2 cups Mayonaise
2 dashes Thyme
2 pinches Ginger
2 cups diced Celery
4 cups red grapes (cut them in half)
2 20oz cans pineapple tidbits (drained)
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Directions:
First: Boil chicken in water, salt, and pepper for 2 hours or well done. Remove skin and bones and cut into bite sized pieces. (I buy the boneless/skinless breasts and I boil mine for two hours. Then the chicken just falls apart and you can just pull it apart with your fingers. So easy)
Next: Cook pasta in salted water for 12 min. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
Next: In large mixing bowl combine: chicken, pasta, green onion, coleslaw dressing, mayo, thyme, and ginger. Stir carefully so not to break the pasta.
Then: Refridgerate overnight.

Next Morning: Add celery, apples, grapes, pineapple, and almonds. Mix carefully again and Serve!

Note: This makes a gigantic amount! But it will be gone before you know it! I hope you all enjoy this salad. It's an amazing recipe from an amazing woman! I think of her everytime I make it!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I have been trying lots of new recipies lately; ill have to give this a whirl!