This last weekend, Josh and I went to the park with our kiddos so they could run some of their energy out. We had fun climbing all over the place with them and watching them play together. I don't think there's anything more wonderful than watching your children play together and seeing how much they love each other.
When we finished playing we walked to the car, got the kids buckled up, and then started the car....except the car didn't start. In fact...not only did it not start...it did NOTHING and then we couldn't even get the key out of the ignition! Josh was more than a little stressed about this. We've been having so many problems with this car and just recently got it fixed....so to be having problems with it already was more than a little frustrating.
Jeff and Mindy came to our rescue and a very nice man let us borrow their jumper cables. So we hooked our car up to Jeff and Mindy's and tried to get our car to come back to life. It was not working. I felt bad for Josh because everytime he tried to start the car and nothing happened you could just see the stress building up on his face.
After a while I turned to Josh and said, "Why don't we say a prayer with the kids?" I turned to the backseat where my kids sat patiently and told them the plan. Corbin asked if he could say it. I said sure and helped him say a humble prayer. "Heavenly Father. Thank you for this day. Please help our car to start. Help Daddy to not be so stressed. Say these tings (things) in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
As soon as we finished the prayer Josh turned the key (at that moment I said a prayer in my heart that our father in heaven would answer my little boys prayer) and....THE CAR STARTED RIGHT UP! Corbin was so excited! "Heavenly Father heard my prayer!" Corbin said. For the next few minutes we had a great conversation about prayer and how Heavenly Father is always there for us. It was a wonderful moment. A great teaching moment.
I will always remember this experience. I consider it a tender mercy from my Heavenly Father. How merciful to answer my sweet little boys prayer to fix his Daddy's car. I'm so thankful to be a member of this church and have the Gospel in my life.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh man now I am crying. What a little sweetheart.
That is so sweet. I loved reading this and I love you.
If it wasn't for the prayers of my children while they were growing up we would of had many stressed out times..There is nothing more powerful than the faith of a child and we are soo blessed to witness it... we love you guys soo much and hope you are all doing Great!!!
Post a Comment