Friday, January 25, 2013
They're Here!!!!
They're Here!!!!
Birth Story:
On Thursday, Jan. 17th 2013 I started having contractions around 4pm. I did everything I could to make them go away. Baths, drinking water, lay on my left side,...you name it....I tried it. But they were only getting stronger. So Josh and I decided it would be best if we went to the hospital to get things checked out. (I honestly thought they would do the same thing they did last time. Give me a shot to stop the contractions and send me on my way) Jeff and Mindy took Corbin and Alyssandra and we headed to the hospital. We got to triage and they monitored my contractions and checked my progress. I was having strong contractions, but I was only a 1. They said they would call Dr. Semrad and then we'd proceed from there. To my surprise she came back and said, "Dr. Semrad says to admit you and we'll go ahead and do the c-section at 6am". WHAT?????!!!!!! How could this be? This was not what I was expecting to hear. I was supposed to get a shot, and then be sent home. I was not mentally prepared for this!
Well, they admitted me and by the time we got back to our room....my contractions were almost unbearable. They said I could have an epidural....but with everything that happened with Corbin....I did not want to do that. I said a few prayers, got up to go to the rest room and then came back and sat in the bed....and the Lord took most of the pain out of my contractions! Huge blessing. So I did not get the epidural. But I couldn't sleep. A few hours later they came and put the cathader in. That was so uncomfortable and painful. I don't know if it was put in wrong or weather Baby A was too low and was pushing it....but it hurt. So after a few hours of that painful mess....they took it out and said they'd just put it in after the spinal. Yeah! Thank heavens. So I was able to have some relief before the surgery. I didn't sleep all night...how could I? Then at 10 to 6 Josh and I got dressed and we were all ready to go and then they came in and told us they had to do someone before me and it would be and hour or two. I was Crushed! I had waited all night and now I had to wait some more. I cried for a bit and then pulled myself together. Around 8am they rolled me into surgery and I got the spinal. Really great Dr. doing the anesthesia! They laid me back on the table and I got a little anxious. I just wanted everything to be okay. Josh came in a few minutes later and that set me at ease. He rubbed my forehead and talked to me. I felt sooooo much calmer when he was there!
At 8:16am on Jan. 18th they pulled out Baby A...Alaric LaVell Hunt. He weighed 6lbs 1oz and was 19.7 inches. He came out very quietly. They brought him over so I could see him and then wisked him away to be cleaned. Next was Baby B (also born at 8:16am on Jan. 18th)....Ryker Rulon Hunt. He weighed 5lbs 14oz and was 19.3 inches. He came out feet first and was a little screamin demon! Two very different personalities from the start. They brought him over also and then went to clean him up! Josh went with the boys while the Dr. finished up with me. We soon were all together in recovery and everything seemed fine. I went back to my room and slept for a while, I was so out of it with all the medicine and everything! When I woke up I was told that my boys were in the NICU due to difficulty breathing, eating, and temperature. First they were only on breathing tubes...then eating tubes, then Ryker was on C-PAP. It was so hard to see my little guys with tubes everywhere! I spent as much time as I could with them in the NICU and the rest of the time I was resting in my room. It was rough...but we made it through. (During this time my parents had my kids and were totally taking care of them! A huge blessing and a giant weight lifted from my shoulders) I was released from the hospital on Jan. 22nd and had to leave my boys behind. That was awful! So since then I've been visiting everyday and everyday they get better and better. Today is Jan. 25th and the boys are expected to come home Sunday, Jan. 27th!!!
I can't wait! I hope nothing derails us from that date! My parents have the kids for two weeks and then they'll come back home...I'm so blessed to have so much help! Thanks to everyone for all the prayers! I'm so thankful for prayer and priesthood blessings! That is the long and the short of their story. I wanted to get it down before things got crazy when they come home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
You're amazing! Seriously. And the boys are to die for cute. So yummy! I could just stare at them all day! I can't wait till you get them home, under your own roof, in their own bed. It's going to be so awesome. You are such a great mom Jamie. Sure love you.
Post a Comment